Bon Voyage

I was about to sleep, until I saw a Facebook status which shocked me so much that I decided to get up from bed and start blogging again.

I am not sure if you have got a friend like this, there are some people who appeared for just a short while in your life, yet they might influence you so much that your perspective towards things in life has changed. I was lucky enough to have encountered such people.

He's a Thai who was doing his Master degree in UNSW when I first know him. I was the general secretary of UNIBUDS (UNSW Buddhist Society), and he has volunteered to be the librarian. I was lucky enough to be working with him throughout a very short period of 8 months, till he graduated and went back to Thailand for good.

Some say you can learn from people's wisdom through their speech and action, and that's very true. He's inspiring through both his action and speech. When people speak kind words, some you know they do it because they think that's the right way to speak, but when he speaks you can feel that it's from his heart. He's a very smart, yet sincere and down to earth friend.

Unfortunately we only managed to work together for such a short period. After going back to Thailand, we did keep in touch for a few times when we are facing some difficulties, and I always love it when dhamma is the solution to these problems in life.

In his Facebook status, he announced that he's going to Plum Village in France for 5 years and becoming a monastic under the guidance of the great Master Thich Nhat Hanh. I am so happy for him that he has chosen the path that really belongs to him, and he has got such courage to make this decision. I wish I have such courage, too.

I am not sure if I would become a monk in future, but I know I should at least become a good lay people start from this present moment.

Bon Voyage, my friend, you will always have my blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

无题

渐行渐远

颠倒梦想